Thursday, June 14, 2007

Yet another back to kendo post

Yup, after another all-too-long break I've made my return to kendo practice. Again. I have this list of 101 things that I want to do in 1001 days (in Swedish though - sorry) and one of the things on the list is to grade shodan in kendo. Since the 1001 days will be over in December 2008, I really need to get a grip if I'm going to have a chance.

Of course I want to do kendo because it's fun and not just because of the list, but I'm hoping it will keep me motivated enough for a long enough time. Apart from more kendo practice, I will also need more stamina to get anywhere. I'm considering taking up running.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mad Dog said...

Caroline: I like your idea of "101 things in 1001 days". I think I'll do something like this myself. It will include grading shodan in both iaido and aikido. You should publish your list in English.

I can recommend running for stamina. I used to do it a lot. After the initial shock I found it really addicitve. Unfortunately too many injuries (broken patella, badly torn hamstring) prevent me from doing it. Note to self: I need to bike more...

18:34  
Blogger Caroline said...

Yes, I've been thinking about that lately. Wanting to blog in two languages at ones is kind of frustrating, and so far I haven't found a solution that I'm fully happy with. I might just translate it and post it here of course...now there's a thought.

You really should try to put a list together though, it's a very rewarding project.

09:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home