Tuesday, February 07, 2006

180°

Joacim was teaching the iaido class last night and had us doing turns and cuts for 40 minutes or so. The turns were all 180° turns, and since I am trying to learn a new footwork for the turns I am having loads of trouble with it. This might seem a little extra troublesome as I am supposed to be teaching turns to the beginners tonight... ;) Well, we'll see what happens. And I happen to know that even though I am still having some trouble with the technicalities, learning it this way from the beginning than the way I taught last semester will be so very much easier on the newbies. Why, you ask? Because this way is so much more intuitive and, well...just plain better. :)

But this was supposed to be about last night. For kata we were doing morotetsuki and sanpogiri, as they have a lot of turns. I found that it was also an excellent possibility to really consider the different angles in the different nukitsuki, so that got a lot of my attention. I think I might have tried to get the morotetsuki one a little too steep, though. What was really causing problems was the sanpogiri nukitsuki. So difficult!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home