Monday, December 19, 2005

Back to blogging (?)

I really need to improve my blogging habits. Although, truth is, I am not only a lazy blogger, but have also been a pretty lazy budoka during the fall, which has of course meant less to blog about.

Still...lazyness counted, I have missed out on writing about a lot of stuff.

Kendowise I have been really lazy. Things to do with iaido (not practising though...more like administrating) have occupied a lot of my time and kendo always loses that battle. I had a little incident with my foot a few weeks ago, which hasn't exactly helped either, but now it seems to be getting better (went to see a physiotherapist a few days ago and got some tips). I actually did some kendo earlier today to make up for all missed sessions and got the usual remarks on going in too close for do (in harai-do this time), which I really need to stop doing.

Iaidowise there has been a lot of administration as I said, with the word "administration" representing everything about iai that is not practice itself. This also includes teaching, because I have to have full attention on the others, so that there is no time for my own training. Luckily, we are getting another session each week next semester, and I will not be the one teaching. Hooray! Time to practise! I really need this as I REALLY need to qualify for the national team next autumn, and I also need to practise for nidan (although these two things are actually the same ;).

I went to a seminar with René van Amersfoort in Gothenburg again, but I still haven't written anything about it here (no need to look), and to be honest I don't think I will. I have tried to implement some of the things that he said into my own training though, so the seminar wasn't a waste of time. ;) The monouchi problem is still there, so I don't really need to mention that. I have been working a lot with my noto (trying to get it horizontal) since the seminar, and it's improving, but still a long way from good.

What else? The newbies from the last semester graded for yonkyu last week and they all performed a lot better than I had expected. Where do they learn everything? ;) I guess René was right: teaching newbies is easy. ;)

Got to go now...and got to blog more often...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home