Monday, June 06, 2005

Back to kendo

Yesterday was my first real kendo practice for a really long time (the lazy kata time doesn't really count). It was more of a playing session than a learning one, though, and I had so much fun! Of course a month away from more or less any form of physical exercise makes kendo a really sweaty business, which didn't matter as much as the fact that I have become even slower than I was before. Crap!

Anyways, we played a little with a few soft balls and did some suburi for warm-up (and why can't I throw a ball properly?). After that, some kirikaeshi (no good!), then jigeiko (even worse!). Markus pointed out to me that when I strike men on people taller than myself (everyone, that is) I tend to jump. I tried to think about this during jigeiko and realized that somehow I manage to use my right foot to move forward instead of my left. Don't ask me how as I don't understand this myself.

Then, during the last 45 minutes or so we had a game of balloon kendo. I suck at this too, of course, but it was fuuuuun. Derka derka!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home