Monday, May 30, 2005

Swedish Championships

Swedish Championships in iaido was this Saturday. My goal this year was to win one match, but I ended up winning three. Obviously, I'm really happy with this. I was even close to getting a medal as I lost in the quarter finals. ^^

In the team competition I was in my club's all girls team (actually, we're the only club with enough girls to have one). We didn't win anything, but I think we had fun anyway.

After the championships there was some time for grading, but I decided that very morning to not grade for shodan. Instead I will wait, and aspire for the national team. I don't know if it's all that realistic to hope for though, as some people that I lost against are also aspiring...

Well...not much to write down as the things one learn at competitions is mostly related to handling stress and thinking in the right way, although I do need to practise these things.

Also, I overheard Momiyama-sensei correcting shômen ni rei to some people, and I realized I am making the same mistake. I have already started changing this, but I also need to tell the others here in Linköping about it (it being that hands should be shifted at the side and not in front of the centre).

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home