Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Summer practice

The semester is over, and yesterday was the first day of summer practice. Tuesdays mean iaido, but as we were only three people there, and as Hannes and I will miss kendo practice on Sunday, we ended with some well-needed uchikomi and kirikaeshi. I have major problems with my footwork in attacks, there is no timing and also there is the tendency to jump. I need to practise this alot alot alot!

Iaido was just plain overall crappy. Nothing really worked. The problem of letting the left hand cheat and return more to the saya than to the belt area is still there and needs special focusing on.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline Lindholm,
You did well in trying to write down what we did that first day with iaido. It is amazing how from your side you are feeling what I am trying to teach and most off all I am very happy that so many of the points we discussed and trained that day are still in your mind and are still in your training schedule. I hope you make progress every time you train. Don't look back to yesterday, but think that every new day is better than the day before and your iaido will be improving. Hope to see you next time on the seminar in Gothenburg beginning of December.
Ciao René van Amersfoort

03:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline,
I just wanted to let you know that my name is also Caroline Lindholm. I am 61 years old and live in New York, a few kilometers north of Manhattan. My father was from Eskilstuna. He came to New York in the 1920's, when he has about 20 years old, and never returned to Sweden. He died in 1980. He was a wonderful father. He married my mother in 1942. She was from Ireland. She died in 1989. I keep in touch with cousins in Stockholm.

I send the best of wishes to you.

05:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home