Thursday, January 19, 2006

Microbreak and back

The morning after the masspass I woke up with intense stomach and joint pains plus a headache and sore throat. No fever though, so I don't really know what happened, but I decided to take a week away from the dojo.

I was back again for iaido last Monday, and that session was so much fun! Joacim was teaching, which meant that I got to be the student for the first time in about a year (apart from seminars and the like). He had us doing a bunch of cutting and turning exercises, and I worked up a sweat pretty fast. My cutting was way too tense though. I really need to relax and trust my technique.

On Tuesday, kendo was cancelled, so I got a few days off from training again.

Finally today was the first day with our new training schedule which means first 90 minutes of iaido and then 90 minutes of kendo. I had to quit the jigeiko part a little early, because I was starting to have trouble breathing (think I still have a little bit of that cold left in my body), but still it was a lot of fun. First iaido and then kendo turned out to be a really good idea, as well...it makes for a nice acceleration (from yogeburi through kata and kirikaeshi, and ending up in jigeiko) and you can build up a little on spirit during iai that can then be used in kendo. Mwahaha! :D

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To much training is to much! Relax.

21:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home