Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Coming up with titles is the most difficult part of blogging

I'm starting to fall back into Lazy Blogger mode. だめ! So, to get back on track, the inflammation in my foot went away almost as suddenly as it appeared, and I'm not complaining. I'm still not really getting rid of these perpetual colds though, so I went to the pharmacy a few days ago and got some Echinacea (or however it might be spelled) that I'm hoping will help. Actually, I think it's helped a little, but...

Stupid as I am, I go to practise even though I have a cold. Despite knowing of all the horrible things that might happen to me. Really need to get my brain checked.

Anyway, back on track again, Hannes and I went down to the dojo by ourselves last Friday to practise together. We did first half an hour of kendo where I surprised both of us with foot-hand timing that was worse than ever. Very strange, because even though this has always been one of my biggest problems in kendo, it hasn't been that bad for quite some time now. Hannes also noted that I tend to strike his mengane. Of course this has to do with him being taller than me, but then, so are most kendoka, so this is something I need to get better at. We tried some different ways, and now I know what it should feel like. Needs a lot of work, though! My plan of grading 2kyu i May seems far away right now... :(

After kendo we switched to another half an hour of iaido. We pretty much just went through seitei twice by ourselves. Also reigi of course, and I quickly went through the koryu kata I'm working on (shohatto, ryuto, seichuto, inyoshintai). I'm really starting to mess them all up, but I don't really know what to do about it until I get some proper instruction again.

Last night Hannes was teaching the newbies and I went along as sempai. I was hoping for a relaxed session, because I could still feel my cold a little, but his plan was to make us sweat. A lot of fun, but didn't feel like an entirely good idea, so I skipped out for the last 15 minutes of practice. I'm not that stupid. ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home